Plate Ringing

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 11:13:00 -0600

Hi Kevin,
As earlier mentioned, a stick covered with felt placed on the strings to =
help dampen them, will show is the dampers are really working.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 10:34 AM
  Subject: Re: Plate Ringing

      Yes, strumming the strings was one of the first things I tried.=20
      I'm starting to think that the correct answer is the one I got =
from Don Mannino, that just because the dampers seem to be working, they =
may not be. Possibly the dampers may actually be too small for the =
piano, they looked like they were about 2" long. Hate to have to install =
all new dampers on a "new" piano though. My initial inspection gave me =
the impression that we could probably put all new dampers on it, and it =
wouldn't help, but maybe I'm wrong. If that ends up happening, and it =
makes a big difference, I'll let the list know.

  Kevin E. Ramsey
  ramsey@extremezone.com=20
    ----- Original Message -----=20