Pure Sound Wire

David Stanwood dstanwood@hotmail.com
Sat, 09 Jun 2001 12:50:10 -0000

>From what I gather the tensile strength of the stainless Pure-Sound wire is
lower than carbon.  So if you have a carbon string at say 60% of it breaking
tension the same string in stainless would be at a higher break point
percent.  So I gather that scaling is a big consideration... I.E. low
tension scales only for this stuff!  Does the manufacturer supply tech
support and info?  I've heard glowing reports of the tone with the stainless
wire but also many reports of string breakage...

Stanwood