Steinway blemishes

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:59:32 -0500

FYI,
I have confirmed that the blemishes are from the lacquer not being cured
yet.  I was told by Steinway to leave the cover off for at least a month.
Wish they had told us before...
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Lance Lafargue
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 9:17 AM
To: pianotech listserv (E-mail)
Subject: Steinway blemishes

I service a new D and a Steinway cover was purchased for it.  The problem is
that occasionally when the cover is removed a pattern of cloudy blemishes
shows up caused by the cover.  Any ideas on it's cause and cure?  When it
first happened they eventually rubbed _most_ of it out with Cory's satin
polish, but it's back. This piano has a Dampp-Chaser installed.  Thanks.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net