Fw: Steinway blemishes/ soft laquers

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:52:19 EDT

Erwinpiano@email.msn.com writes:

> I have used the Steinway black which is produced by Walter wurdack in St.
> Louis.

I rebuilt Wurdach's Steinway piano about 15 years ago, and he made me use his
lacquer. I had a hell of a time getting the lacquer to dry. I tried it on
several other pianos, with the same results. I fianlly gave up, and went back
to Mohawk.

His lacquers are for solid materials, like metals and plastics. In fact, I
think his lacquers are used on the NFL football helmets.

He's kind of strange fellow, but nice. He lives about 4 blocks from me. I see
him about once a week walking his dogs.

Willem