Noisy action

thepianoarts thepianoarts@home.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:45:33 -0500

Jeannie,

    The steaming suggestion sounds like a good one. Since this a new-ish
piano, it would not qualify for threading bushing cloth under the capstan
contact felt. The felt is not really compressed from age or wear, but from
just being plain hard, right from the start, yes? Threading bushing cloth
can help tired & dented capstan contact felt, but it would also require a
bit of capstan turning, more so that Rogers steaming would. I have not tried
vodka. But dark double boch beer? Oh yea!

Dan Reed
Dallas