Noisy action

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:07:17 -0700

At 08:56 PM 06/07/2001 +0200, you wrote:
> > Take a wippen out, turn it over, and put a drop or two of vodka right in
> > the contact dent?
> > Let dry before putting it back on the stack? If you try it, tell me how it
> > works ...
> >
> > Susan
> >
> > P.S. "Vodka" is too good to be wasted on people ...
>

>And dear Susan,
>
>What will happen then?
>
>Friendly greetings
>from
>
>André Oorebeek
>Amsterdam, Holland
>
>'where music is, no harm can be'

Why, vriendelijke groeten to you, too, Dutch pal.

In a better world, where everything works, with only about an hour's work
the action gets nice and mellow and quiet, for several years, and the happy
piano tech has to live with a reputation as a miracle worker ... in a world
sadly resembling our own, someone spills the vodka, some leathers are
ruined, some cloth gets too wet and comes off, the rest don't get enough
vodka and still clamor for more whenever the piano is played, and then
someone comes in who smells the alcohol and accuses the hapless piano tuner
of drinking on the job. She or he tells the tuner's spouse, who divorces
him or her ... etc. (The "worst case scenario" <grin>)

Susan