Printting invoices, was Pocket PC

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:10:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/4/01 12:49:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mcpiano@globetrotter.net writes:

> I don't print invoices on the spot. I use (or was using Quickbooks before
> the Pocket PC) and enter all my invoices in Quickbooks and then just write
> on a pre-printed form all the info. My transaction is then recorded in my
> accounting program and the pre-printed form looks professionnal enough for
> me. Plus, after considering the portable printer, the extra weight
> convinced me to stay with the old Parker ballpoint for the invoice.
>
> Marcel

Plus the extra time it takes to set up the printer, cable, insert the paper,
take the cable off, put the printer back in the case, etc. By then I am half
way to my next appointment.

I do print out from my database (FileMaker Pro), the invoices for my clients
ahead of time and reconcile weekly to update added information to the file
and balance the math. My customers love the professional looking invoice with
their name and address and phone number already printed on it. Then on
repeating customers, they also have the piano make and serial number printed
on it.

My Humble Point of View

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter