It won't be a Steinway anymore!

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 22:44:01 -0400

> They don't play old violins BECAUSE they are old violins. They play old
> violins because what they feel are the best sounding violins are old.

I know that. Just had to get the last word in.

> I'd be curious to know what percentage of total
> Stradivarius production exists today vs the middle and low end violins.
> That little stat should tell an interesting tale.

I agree, that would be very interesting.

In conclusion to this thread, which I so foolishly jumped into: You guys
win. I withdraw anything I said about violins. I do know however that violin
bridges on pianos are not optimal. Just thought I would share that one.