It won't be a Steinway anymore!

Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:04:26 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: June 01, 2001 9:22 AM
  Subject: It won't be a Steinway anymore!

  I have been in this work for just under 30 years.  I've heard about =
any question or comment possible by customers.  There's one though, that =
completely stumps me!

  If a piano needs a new sounding board I often here "...but it won't be =
a Steinway anymore."  I often come up with a lame analogy to a race =
driver.  He doesn't care what kind of fuel pump his car has as long as =
it's the fastest it can be.  Do you want your piano to be the best it =
can be, or do you want to keep this old sounding board. =20

  Does anyone have a good, but not glib, answer for these people?  I =
just don't understand their thinking. =20

  dave
-----

And if you pull those Firestones off your Ford Explorer it won't be a =
Ford any more?

Del