Petrof Grand

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:50:51 EDT

In a message dated 7/29/01 1:13:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Hello Listees. My son's piano teacher is considering purchasing a new 5' 8"
> Petrof grand. She really liked the feel of the action. I know very little
> about these pianos. They list at $21,000 I think. I can only assume the
> dealer would go a bit lower than that (perhaps quite a bit?). Would anyone
> with some experience with these care to compare/contrast (quality, tone,
> longevity, etc.) the Petrof with say a Baldwin R or a Yamaha C2 or any other
> piano of similar price. Thanks.
>
> Terry Farrell

Terry

I sold Petrofs until early this year. I liked them a lot. But it is not so
much what I thought about them. The comments I got from customers who bought
one, or at least came in to play it, were things like, "This plays better
than a Yamaha," and "it sounds is much fuller than a Baldwin." Overall,
however, it is what the teacher wants that we have the think about. If the
teacher likes the way it sounds and plays, then that is the most important
thing.

If I recall, the 5'8" Petrof's had a MSRP of about $18,500.

Willem