Petrof Grand

Doepke Family doepke@fwi.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:56:46 -0500

Hi Terry,

I highly recommend the Petrof.  A tuner/technician friend of mine whose been
working on pianos for over 30 years is a part owner of a new piano store
that carries that line.  He and the other major investor, also a piano
person, went to Chicago and met with the management of Petrof.  They were
very, very  impressed.  ( one of the investors was a Baldwin manager  and he
feels that the Petrofs are superior instruments to Baldwins and even to a
similar sized Mason Hamlin that he has in the store)  She can buy with
confidence.

Brian P. Doepke

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 1:14 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Petrof Grand

Hello Listees. My son's piano teacher is considering purchasing a new 5' 8"
Petrof grand. She really liked the feel of the action. I know very little
about these pianos. They list at $21,000 I think. I can only assume the
dealer would go a bit lower than that (perhaps quite a bit?). Would anyone
with some experience with these care to compare/contrast (quality, tone,
longevity, etc.) the Petrof with say a Baldwin R or a Yamaha C2 or any other
piano of similar price. Thanks.

Terry Farrell