belly up Baldwin?

EricFrankson@AOL.COM EricFrankson@AOL.COM
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:54:44 EDT

Dear Bill,

Currently dealers of pianos around the U.S. are getting the screws put to
them.  A soft economy has driven the average selling price way down for the
first half of this year.  One piece of fallout of this is that to survive a
slow time you usually lower your prices and margins.  People from every
segment in the piano industry, manufacturers, retailers, and service
personel, as well as people in the periphery business' that surround the
sales of a piano, are loosing their jobs and security due the "lean and mean"
philosophy needed to survive bad times.  Glutting the market now with
low-balled Baldwins is the last thing our industry needs. It will certainly
give piano technicians who service Baldwins alot of work (and grief), but
ultimately will undo any reasonable pricing structure created by the local
market.

Bill, you said you'd like to see alot of the bottom-of-the-barrel-Baldwins go
to Cuba where they could do some good.   I agree... we should send them all
to Cuba!

Sincerely,
Eric Frankson