Fw: Steinway D value

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:11:09 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/01 9:30:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
Erwinpiano@email.msn.com writes:

> Wim &  List
>
>  You know what , marketing is everything especially with a D and in my
> humble opinion she gave it away.  It was worth 45K.  I know of one(similar
> vintage) in the sacto area that recently sold for that and then they spent
> more to do the action. A very sweet piano and how much less  than retail
> did they pay? A bundle.
>
>     Dale Erwin

I don't know what the "sacto" area is, but in St. Louis, that is all we could
get. This guy was savvy. He looked on the Internet and found what other D's
were going for. Because this lady was tired of dealing with me, and other
people, she reluctantly agreed to let it go for this. But, I think if she had
allowed me to take the piano to my store, I know I could have gotten at least
$40,000 for it. '

Wim