International Convention?

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:26:44 -0600

At 02:52 PM 7/25/01 -0600, Rob wrote:

>Perhaps the question of hosting was addressed in previous posts,
>but two conventions in Canada 20 years apart and a failed bid for
>the 2001 Convention for Calgary (remember, customs problems, as
>John R. mentioned) doesn't make it in the International class as
>say, a G8 summit.

We're talking about a bunch of independent craftspeople whose work
generally falls under the same classification as luthiers, weavers or duck
carvers, Rob. Comparing our seminars to a G8 summit is ludicrous! At their
gatherings I doubt any of the G8 members have problems bringing anything
through customs, if indeed they ever even *see* a customs officer.

>And speaking of which, doesn't an international
>event attract protesters these days?

If one of our conventions was held anywhere that ivory is still used on
piano keys I'd wager there'd be American protestors there.

>attendees? or how about just "The PTG Convention"? It's an annual
>event, and other events are distinguished by 'Regional' or 'Seminar'.

I'd go for that...

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
mailto: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom