10" "floppy"?? - OT

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:23:40 -0600

Sorry to bother you, but I saw something today that I don't recognize and
thought that somewhere in this list's enormous collective data bank would
be the answer.
Story:
Tuned a player piano for a gal today.  She showed the roll cabinet that
she had purchased along with the player.  It was absolutely stuffed with
rolls.  The interesting thing is that she showed some thin metal discs to
me - a little over 10" in diameter that had pieces punched out from one
side so that the punched out sections stuck up on the other side somewhat
like the prongs on a roller in a music box.  The only ID that I was able
to get from them - other than the name of the music on the disc was
"Symphonic",  brand name Schutz.  What are these things anyway - the
first CD's for an ancient Mercedes with a primitive CD player??

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.

PS.  She is willing to sell the set if anyone is interested.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.