Steinway D value

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:56:46 EDT

List,

I have a client who needs a value for a 1970's Steinway D. Case, soundboard,
bridges excellent. Original teflon action in very good condition, regulated
and voiced.

Yes, I know there are a number of different values - insurance, private sale,
retail, etc., - bring 'em on. What I'm really looking for is fair market
value if this piano were advertised nationally, preferably from people who
have actually seen recent sales. Please, no low-ball offers from
bargain-hunters - it isn't presently for sale. I need to establish a value
for this instrument.

Thanks,
Bob Davis