Put a lid on it: was Re: Chicago convention...

Doepke Family doepke@fwi.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:35:16 -0500

As a new member of this list and a new member of the PTG, I am so  grateful
for the chance to learn from folks all over the world who have vast
experience in an area where I want to learn.  My purpose in becoming a
member of this group was to be able to tap into the knowledge of others who
have "been there before".  I look forward to reading about technical items
and related topics that will help me become a more proficient and worthy
tuner/technician.  It is the exchange of those terrific ideas that I look
forward to reading about, not this.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond to my questions about
"piano stuff".  I look forward to learning more from such an outstanding
group of people.  I aspire to be like you and add RPT behind my name.

Brian Doepke
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
David Love
  Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 2:45 AM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Put a lid on it: was Re: Chicago convention...

  I was going to send this off list to those involved, but it raises and
issue that I think is worth at least a comment.  This type of dialogue
doesn't really belong here, serves no purpose, is a waste of time and is
counterproductive.  The list is a valuable resource for the exchange of
information and I am inclined to push for a list manager who will restrict
access to those who can't function effectively as there own editors.  I am
sure that there are other forums more appropriate for the venting of anger
and frustration, casting aspersions, verbal taunting, and sucking on the
sourest of grapes.  For those who have such needs, I wish you would use
them.

  David Love