hanging hammers

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:26:13 -0500

>Mostly, though, what you get are a lot of good friends on this list and
>around the country that are happy to give you their hard won experience if
>you ask for it.  The biggest problem I've always had is to ask my questions
>clearly enough to get the answer I need!
>
>Warren

Warren, and Les,
Everyone I know who has learned to do anything at all has done so by the
time honored path of "enlightenment after the fact", by at one time or
another screwing up nearly everything attempted, or narrowly avoiding such
by remembering just in time some other poor soul's report of having screwed
up that which is in the personal queue, and adjusting their own flailings
accordingly in a preemptive manoeuvre. It's called education, and demands
certain blood sacrifices in the acquisition processes. Survival of the
process would seem to imply bragging rights, but in fact just eliminates
the bitching options since so many have successfully passed this way
before. Get over it. The personal trauma is transient at best, and will
seem insignificant in retrospect from the next higher level of educational
confusion... which are legion.

Such is the nature of the 3,792,0124 steps to enlightenment, with the
accompaniment of the 93,716,3824,001 downright false leads and sundry
advertising claims.

Have a nice day.

Ron N