Plate refinishing and agraffe replacement

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:20:42 -0700 (PDT)

The plate refinishing thread has been interesting.
And someone briefly brought up this question earlier
and I didn't recall that it got answered.  Thought I'd
run it past you again.

When refinishing a plate, do you have a particular
method of doing a nice job around the agraffe area?

I've heard of people finishing the plate with the old
agraffes in place and then putting in new.  I've heard
of people refinishing the plate without the agraffes
in.  I've even seen people spray the plate including
the agraffes with the bronze.  (My own personal taste
likes to see those nice shiny brass agraffes.)

And... since I can't remember of anyone bringing this
one up before, at least not at any length, (forgive me
if I missed it), I'd like to hear some of your
thoughts on the matter.  I know it seems like a pretty
basic question, but I have a feeling I'm not the only
one who wonders what others do.??

No emergencies or crisis situations.  Just wondering.

Thanks,

Brian

=====
Brian Trout