Sandblasting piano plates

Charles E Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:03:26 -0500

Joe,

Just got back from a local rental place. The 'handy guy' gave me pretty
good primer on sandblasting. Looks do-able if I don't make too much of a
mess. He explained about different grades of sand (fine, medium, and
coarse), safety (a hood with a 4' x 8' piece of glass to see through),
and techniques. All I need is "da nerve".

I generally try to sell my clients on the idea of replacing the agraffes;
solves a lot of future problems. And, yes, I reshape the V-bar while the
plate is inverted during the pin block fitting phase.

Thanks again,

Charles
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.