I need one Picture frame Steinway Leg

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 06:36:57 -0500

Dale
Wasn't the "picture frame" just a piece of veneer glued to the leg that =
is no longer used by Steinway? It's been awhile, But during refinishing =
I found the grain for the whole frame running in the same direction, =
like it was cut from one sheet of mahogany.

Paul Chick
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinpiano=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 5:52 PM
  Subject: I need one Picture frame Steinway Leg

     To My ever helpful and esteemed colleagues on List=20

        I am purchasing a 1933 Stwy B that apparently had one leg broken =
(aaahh) by stage hands(those ruffians!)  It  is the traditional shaped =
leg but has  what I call picture framing type recess cutout on the top =
block and lower leg. It was the type common before the Big war. I just =
know some packrat (savior)  has a set or less of these legs lying in the =
garage wondering what they are going to do with these relics in their =
lifetime  but can't bear to throw them out.
     Any body got a lead? Any help most appreciated.
     =20
     I just had a thought. Maybe we could have a garage sale of =
tools,spare parts and other stuff once a month on the list? Feed back =
please,just asking the question.

       Dale Erwin-209-577-8397
       4721 Parker Rd.=20
       Modesto,  Calif. 95357