Wippen/Hammer Shank Click

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:27:30 -0700

I missed the beginning of this thread but you can always take a dremel =
and take off a bit of the inside of the tail, if you've left enough wood =
in the tailing process.  You don't need much to give clearence so that =
the tails don't click on the whippen flange. =20

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: July 23, 2001 1:52 PM
  Subject: Re: Wippen/Hammer Shank Click

  In a message dated 7/23/01 2:58:30 PM Central Daylight Time,=20
  mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    I have blow distance set at a short 1-3/4" (I would certainly prefer =
to not=20
    make it any shorter - this dead-as-a-doornail piano needs all the =
hammer=20
    power it can get!), and everything regulates out real nice so that I =
end up=20
    with 3/8" dip with 0.025" aftertouch. I am solving the problem for =
now by=20
    raising the hammer rest rail just enough so that the shanks don't =
click=20
    against the metal piece, but that makes the hammers rest right on =
the rest=20
    rail - but it seems better than the clicking. Any ideas would be=20
    appreciated.=20

    Terry Farrell=20

  Terry=20

  I have had the same problem, and your solution seems to be the only =
one.=20

  Wim=20