hanging hammers

Thomas Sheehan TSheehan@nyc.rr.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 19:47:57 -0400

On another area, there's not a day that goes by when I don't think of
Wally's wise, sage and patient advice to a young tuner almost 30 years ago,
when he simply said about tuning the bass, "Put it where it sounds best." As
the years have rolled by, and the pianos tuned have mounted into the tens of
thousands, I always remember Wally's wisdom when I get to the bass. The
point of where it "sounds best" has certainly improved enormously over time,
but the results are always guided by his message.

Thank you, Wally, and,

Thank you, Les, for your magnificent post about him!

Sincerely,

Tom Sheehan
NYC Chapter