Fallboard/Music desk lever

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:26:42 -0600

Hi Phil,
One can be made out of 1/8 " x 1/2" strap iron.
If you need I can send measurments. All it is is a lazy  S that has been =
bent left and right from a pivot hole in the center point of the S.
You mayb have to rig a block of wood to mount the lever to.
Or you could mount a block of wood in back of the music rack with a =
screw that would hold the rack out when in use.
Lifting the rack out and up to work the  block.
Paint with shoe polish so that it does not show.
A lot easier repair. But not like the original that most likely was made =
of ply wood.=20
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phil Romano=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 3:52 PM
  Subject: Fallboard/Music desk lever

  Hi List,

  I have need of the lever that is pushed by the fall assembly and =
causes the music desk to open. It is for a Hallet and Davis 54" upright =
# 96155 circa 1917. Does anyone have one lying around the shop? Please =
email me privately if you would be willing to part with it.

  What is the name of this lever? It's not in Mason's book.

  Phil Romano
  Myrtle Beach, SC
  philromano@attglobal.net