RADIO

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 08:32:42 -0400

At 07:58 AM 07/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/22/01 5:13:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
>kccs@netralink.com writes:
>>Hi, Has anyone tried a radio advert, and does it work?
>>Kallie Swanepoel

I tried radio advertising about ten years ago. For the work it brought it in,
the cost was 17%. For it to be effective your cost would need to be about 10%.
It did not bring in any tuning, piano rebuilding or sales but it did
produce two
Ampico player restorations, funny.  So I didn't see any benefit to continuing.

I knew the ad was being heard because most of my customers remarked
about hearing it but it didn't produce new business aside from the two jobs.
I also figured I wasn't going to spend a lot of money trolling for player work!

Word of mouth is the best advertising. I had a newpaper ad running for a
while too,
when I first started. It brought in a few customers but then these
customers would tell
their friends and I got more referrals. Soon I didn't need to advertise at all.

So you have to find a cost effective means of getting your name out there.
News will spread.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.