RADIO

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 07:58:45 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/01 5:13:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
kccs@netralink.com writes:

> Hi
>
> Has anyone tried a radio advert, and does it work?
>

> Kallie Swanepoel

I have tried it for both my tuning service, and to sell pianos. For the
tuning business, it broke even. For the store, I lost money.

Basically, in order for a radio ad, (or any other ad, for that matter), to be
successful, it needs to run at least 3 or 4 week, and at least 5 or 6 times a
day. Radio people tell me that at any one time, only about 5% of the
listening audience is tuned to in on the radio. And that is only for those
people who listen to that radio station. To put it in numbers, If you had a
population of 1 million, and a radio station reaches 5% of the population,
then only 5% of that will hear the ad. so that's only 2500 people. Is it
worth it. I don't think so.

Willem