Fw: Shellac and Everclear

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 12:25:21 EDT

In a message dated 07/20/2001 10:16:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Erwinpiano@email.msn.com writes:

>       Also I thought I heard John Patton in the all day stwy class say that
>  the keytop material was pyralin which if true is a much softer form of
>  keytop material thay isn't used much any more
>
>      Dale Erwin

He said "some old Pratt-Read keytops." He wasn't sure of the material, but
the words "cellulose acetate" were thrown around. Does anyone know if
cellulose acetate = the trade name Pyralin? I believe the newer keytops are
some form of acrylic, and I also know that at least at one time S&S was
working on a substitute substance, but I haven't heard much about that lately.
Bob