Tuning Complaint - Client Relationship

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:02:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/01 4:52:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Client called up last night and said she had been meaning to call for the
> last three weeks because the pianist said the piano is flat (pianist is out

Terry

I wouldn't go back to that church until and when the pianist is there. If
that is the person who complained, you need to get it straight from his/her
mouth what exactly is "flat." I agree with Clyde. The piano is most likely
not "flat." The problem most likely will be that is not in tune with another
instrument or tape recorder. That needs to be explained.

The bottom line, however, is that you do need to charge them for a service
call. If the problem has occurred within a week after you tuned the piano, I
would check the piano for free. But for them to wait three months is too
long. I have church where I go regularly every six months. But once in a
while they call me after two or three months, and they don't complain. They
understand the problems with heat and humidity.

Willem