Piano Organizational Software for Mac

Eliot Lee eliotlee1@home.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:37:39 -0700

on 7/17/01 6:40 PM, Tvak@AOL.COM at Tvak@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 7/17/01 3:04:58 PM, mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:
>
> << PianoDB and PTBiz are the two commercially available piano scheduling &
> record keeping software programs available that I am aware of. Are there
> others? I have been using PTBiz, but wonder if I would be happier with
> PianoDB. Has anyone used both of them, or are familiar with both of them? I
> am looking for knowledgeable advice on pros and cons of both. Thanks.
>
> Terry Farrell
>
> I looked into software a while back and could find nothing for Macintosh
> computers.  Do either of the programs Terry is inquiring about run on Macs,
> or does anyone know of another program I could use to organize my business on
> my Mac?
>
> Tom Sivak
Hello,

    Same dilemma, most software developers just don't care about Mac users.
IF they did these programs would exist, but the fact of the matter is they
don't and the developers could easily make them cross platform if they
wanted to.    Like Dean has with his RCT, actually he first made RCT for
Mac, but since most people don't use Mac, he expanded his program to include
Windows. Now very many tuners use RCT. Maybe soon he will make it possible
to use on Linux or Unix.

    Dave Peake has FIlemaker Pro templates.  FIlemaker Pro is one of the
best database programs out there which already is cross platform, and there
is a possibility better Filemaker  programs will be developed when
independent programmers see the potential in it. Not many tuners are
computer savvy enough to do it anyway.  NOw I am talking to one student now
about designing a program for me.  Already he is talking about money without
knowing the work it entails.

Eliot Lee