Steinway Hammers [& other action parts]

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:51:35 EDT

In a message dated 07/17/2001 8:55:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time, avery@ev1.net
writes:

>    Have you done many L's from the 70's (Teflon actions)? If so, do your
>  comments below apply to that model S & S, also?

Avery,
I don't want to get into the same pickle that I think Steinway has put itself
in, which is "one size fits all", so I want to emphasize that we try
different configurations on each action. However, the combination I mentioned
would be the first I would try on teflon actions. It depends mostly upon the
key ratio, and the size of hammer one wants to use. Some of the D's will even
tolerate original dimension shanks, if the hammers aren't too heavy.

 That shank [Renner modified] also works pretty well if you for whatever
reason absolutely can't replace Teflon repetitions.
Bob