Baldwin's Woes

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:23:49 -0400

> Upon entering Mr.
> Jones was said to have "gasped in disbelief".  Inside were
> hundreds of brand new Baldwin digital pianos, crated in the
> boxes and ready to ship.  Unfortunately the entire inventory
> was at least five years or older, completely antiquated and
> virtually worthless on the retail market.  Likely
> they will now all have to be destroyed.  Littering the
> market with a product for pennies on the dollar that can't
> be given a warranty will likely damage the Baldwin name
> further while eliminating potential buyers for future
> profitable products.   In today's business world it would be
> a risky move for a manufacturer to try and sell these
> instruments at this late stage no matter how tempting.

True, but what about donating these instruments to non-profit children's
homes, etc. Maybe even qualifying funds-poor churches. Heaven only knows how
bad some need a functional instrument (I know all of you are aware). A
bookeeping nightmare could be turned into a PR opportunity. Think of the
headlines - "Baldwin Puts Music Back in Churches"! It would be a crime to
destroy such an inventory. I would strongly suggest finding this guy's name
and sending him such a message to pass along to Mr. Jones.

Terry Farrell