Need explanation of terms

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:02:38 -0500

Hello List.  Over the past months, while reading the posts and exchanges on
the list, I've encountered three terms used in the authors dialog.  I've
read through two books 1) Piano Servicing Tuning & Rebuilding, by Arthur
Reblitz, and The Technical Examination, Source Book - PTG, and cannot find
any explanation on the three terms.  Will somebody assist in my search:
1. "Burning In" - used in the explanation of hammers and the shank area.
2.  "Get The String To Render" - I know what render means, but what does
the term render mead in this usage?
3.  "Raking The Hammers" . - Sure don't understand this one.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Gordon Holley
Goshen, IN
gholley@hi-techhousing.com