traveling with tuning tools

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:18:02 -0400

Tom,

Several years ago I flew to Guatemala City to do a week of volunteer piano work
(my expenses were paid, however).  I don't recall all the specifics, but they
gave me special attention.  I also remember being paged in the Guatemala airport,
where the pilot and a couple other people wanted to look through my tools right
at the door where we walk out to the plane.

I impressed upon all the airline personnel I talked to that I couldn't afford the
risk of losing them in transit; they are my livelihood.  I don't think I ever had
to put them with the baggage, although one time when I boarded the stewardess
stowed them in a separate location.

Regards,
Clyde