1977 Yamaha U1

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:03:31 -0500

Clyde,

<<I wouldn't expect a 7% humidity increase to make *that* much difference.
But if
you had several dry days before the April 6 tuning and several very humid
days
before yesterday's tuning, that could have a substantial impact on the pitch
of
the piano.>>

I was suspecting that this was the case, but since I did a pitch raise in
April, and there was so much of pitch change by July, it must have been that
way. Anyone know of a hygrometer that logs RH measurements over a period of
a year...for less than $50?  ;-)

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com