Damp Chaser in old upright

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 08 Jul 2001 11:58:05 -0600

Hi Keith,

It was installed in the first year. I quoted a price and they went with the
*low ball* figure from another person. As to when it was plugged in
backwards I can only guess I know of no reason to unplugged the
dehumidifier side. The only reason I can think of for unplugging the
humdity side would be for cleaning the bucket. It looked like the pads had
never been changed. There was a great deal of salt build up.

At 11:02 AM 07/08/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi again Don, List,
>
>>...It was my second visit to that piano. I had seen it *new* and then not
for
>>twenty years...
>>Don Rose
>
>Any chance you know when the Dampp-Chaser system was installed during that
>20 years?
>
>>...What other factors other than humidity extremes can cause cracking of the
>>soundboard?...
>
>I don't usually care to speculate, but what you mention is certainly an
>acceptable one.
>
>Thank you for your responses.
>
>Keith McGavern
>Registered Piano Technician