My Hearing Condition ,Please read this

Dave Bunch pdtek@SoftHome.net
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 19:24:09 -0500

After playing in bands for years, the music seemed to get louder and =
louder until anything above a softly spoken word would sound too loud. =
Certain notes on the piano would drill right through my head. The doctor =
diagnosed the condition as Auditory Recruitment and told me that it =
would just get worse with time but avoiding loud sounds would slow the =
progression. Fortunately, he was wrong. After getting out of the band =
business, my hearing slowly got back to normal. I am much more =
protective of my hearing now.

Dave Bunch
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 3:19 PM
  Subject: Re: My Hearing Condition ,Please read this

  Simone,=20
  I read your whole letter.  What a predicament!  I wish I could shed =
some light on your situation, but I cannot.  I am writing a response =
only to encourage others on the list to PROTECT YOUR HEARING before you =
get into a similar problem.=20

  I began noticing some minor tinnitis a year or two ago.  I started =
using earplugs I bought from Pianotek and the situation has not =
worsened.  It hasn't gotten better, either, but at the current level I =
can live with it the rest of my life (I'm 54) without feeling =
handicapped.=20

  Regards,=20
  Clyde Hollinger, RPT=20

  Simone Tucci wrote:=20

    Dear: PTG forum,=20
          I wrote a very short e-mail yesterday on hearing trouble. I =
wanted to=20
    see if I got a response, or if I did correctly. I did get some =
    I am glad, thank you for those who did!