Rainy day tuning: Was: pitch change

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 07 Jul 2001 07:48:26 -0400

Friends,

Years ago a client called me on the morning I was scheduled to tune her piano.  She
wondered if we should reschedule, since it was raining.  My understanding at the
time was that the tuning doesn't change that fast, so not to worry about it.

But incidents such as Warren's would debunk that.  The past couple of years I've
heard of, and experienced, pianos changing even in the process of tuning.  Jack
Stebbins has a story about doing a concert tuning.  He was part way finished when
someone snapped the air conditioning on, which changed the tuning before he
finished.

What do you tell people on rainy days?

Regards,
Clyde