Piano Value Appreciation

Daniel Lindholm lindholm.daniel@home.se
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:28:17 -0700

Hehe, I especially liked the 'marriage is better than a sharp stick in the
eye'-part.

Well, there is no explanation to all of this. Its just crazy 'marketing'.

The things they say on their homepage about the value is like wierd
statistics. You know, statistics never lie ;) Take one of those
toothpaste-commercials. 4 out of 5 did get better teeth with our product.
Well, they dont lie if they actually got to hit 4 out of 5 when they did
that test. They dont say they did thousands of tests to come up with that
lucky result. At least they didnt lie (yeah right).

Bringing up that thing on their homepage irritates me too. Its just dumb,
because afterall, the main reason why we would buy a Steinway is because of
the instrument itself. Not because it is supposed to be a great investment.
Comparing to a car is just so SO silly it have to stop writing and laugh for
a couple of seconds.... Buying a new car is like the worst 'investment' you
can do. Its like 'investing' in a big mac & co with an extra big french
fries ;)

Try sending your whole post to steinway and see what they say (I doubt that
you will get a reply however, since I've been trying to reach them via email
for a year now ;)

Daniel Lindholm