Strike Point

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:36:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/01 11:35:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

> If someone at Baldwin told you that, they were giving you incorrect
> information. No modern piano has been built using a 1/7 strike point in the
> treble

Del

It was the head of the technical department. (I can't remember his name off
hand, but he was a very popular instructor at many seminars. I am sure
someone will remind me who that was). Anyway, perhaps he told me that
measurement as an easy way to get the hammers back on the piano, considering
the instrument, not as an exact measurment for all the hammers.

Wim