gluing bridge caps with well wood plastic resin glue

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:46:31 -0700

  Warren
  Sorry for a lapse in details. It was a month old post . Yes my bits =
were clogging. At the time I was using cold hide or tightbond.  Both are =
 thermo plastic unless really ,really cured and even then it's still =
pliable when heat is applied.  As heat was generated by drilling it =
would stick to the bit. Ughhhhh.  But no more .

 Dale Erwin

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Warren Fisher=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 9:57 AM
  Subject: Re: gluing bridge caps with well wood plastic resin glue

  Dale,=20
  I apparently missed your first article on this. Are you saying that =
your clogging bits were due to the glue used to attach the cap?=20
  Warren=20

  Erwinpiano wrote:=20

        Joe Garret ,Jon Page,Others and list  In a recent discussion =
about bridge pin drilling I expressed frustration about my bits =
continually clogging.  Yes Drilling bridges was no longer the thrill it =
once was. What was I to do.  Fortunately my trusty colleagues came to =
the rescue with sage ,efficacious and timely advice. Like a voice =
calling in the wilderness . Use wellwood plastic resin glue.  My faith =
in life has now been restored and bridge drilling is no longer just =
another "Boring" piano techies job. Yes ladies and gentleman, boys and =
girls of all ages your talking to a very happy Belly man.     I have now =
drilled two sets of caps made with this miracle glue.  I drilled each =
one in just over an hour.  Yes AN HOUR! no clogging no fuss no cuss. Yes =
you too can have the thrill of a Boring job again.      You guys are the =
BEST      Dale Erwin
  --=20
  Warren Fisher RPT                   Beginners & Lurkers=20
  fish@Communique.net                 Basic Pianotech discussed=20
  1422 Briarwood Dr.                  Ask any question.=20
  Slidell, LA 70458-3102              fish@gs.verio.net=20
   =20