Tubby bass strings

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:54:58 -0700 (PDT)

Is there any way I can improve the tone of the lowest
7 to 9 notes on my mother's Young Chang PG-150?  It's
only a few years old, but it's dull in that region
compared to my 56" Ricca & Son (after I twisted &
cleaned the strings in that 88-year-old upright).  Or,
will we have to live with it because the strings are a
foot shorter (A1) ?