Just curious about your hammers

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sun, 01 Jul 2001 10:43:25 +0200

Hi Ari Isaac,

As I am specialized in tuning, regulation, and voicing, I am always
interested to hear about 'special' piano hammers.
These last years I get my hammers from Renner in Stuttgart.
They also make the hammers for Steinway, Hamburg and mainly use Wurzen felt.
I am usually quite content with their quality. The felt is not extremely
hard and a first voicing usually takes me about 1,5 hour including the
filing of the hammers and vacuuming.
Could you give me an opinion about the difference between your hammers and
the ones I buy from Renner?
Just curious....

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland