Samick leg bolts

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 06:04:19 -0500

That's funny Lance. I recently tuned a Yamaha G-2 grand that was in =
excellent condition (close to new). The woman had just bought it for =
$2000 (It was easily worth $5000 to $6000) because the action was really =
screwed up. The former owner's tech reportedly told the former owner =
that the keybed must have warped because the action would not come out, =
and was lifted up in the bass end.

You guessed it! The back leg bolts were switched with the bass side =
front leg bolts (the mover was careful to put the bolts into the same =
holes!). Switch bolts and POOF! Great little piano working just fine.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Lance Lafargue=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 9:12 PM
  Subject: RE: Samick leg bolts

  A note of Caution: Those bolts are different lengths and if not put in =
correct location, the action is rendered "shiftless" (bolts come up =
through keybed and actually can lift action into the air).  A dealer =
near here has delivery guys that have never gotten it right.  %~)  So =
check the shift after you tighten them.  The dealer should have a ton of =
them since they used to be delivered with the tools. =20
  Lance Lafargue, RPT
  Mandeville, LA
  New Orleans Chapter, PTG
  lancelafargue@bellsouth.net=20