traveling

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:18:35 -0800

Hey Paul,

>I took her class at Providence, and the way she does it the hammers are not
>necessarily vertical when first hung.  Rather, they are hung in such a way
>that they become vertical after being traveled, which is the next step.  The
>idea is that it is easier to travel the shanks after the hammers are on them, and
>burning/squaring is minimal.

You she did travel the hammer/shank as per usual with traveling paper not just burning in?  I know it was about hanging hammers quickly...it seems to me that after you then travel the shank you now have a tipped hammer which will need burning in...I'm not sure what the advangtage is.  Traveling shanks without the hammer is very easy but is it a waste of time?

David I.