Grey Market Yamaha and Dampp Chaser

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:15:05 EST

Ed M. said:
<<" We have gone from recommending that
all pianos have the systems to installing only when there is an obvious need
such as sticking keys,pianos by the beach,etc... There is no way for the
technician to be positive of what will occur to the board after the DC
installation in the above mentioned cases. All in all, we still believe the
DC system does more good than harm and will continue to install them but we
ask alot more questions about the piano before installation than we used
to.">>

 Ed;
 I absolutely agree with what you have to say here. DC systems can't be beat
where they are needed but where they are not needed/required they can be of
negative benefit.

 Unfortunately DC systems are installed where the tech thinks...... 'well if
25 watts is good than 60 watts will be great'...and that is not, needfully,
the case at all. By following DC installation 'instructions' a good system
may be installed and it will do what it is intended to do. This does not mean
however that a DC system is called for just because the object for
installation has white and black keys.

 By all means install DC systems where they are needed but we should, as you
indicated, be judicious and conservative in that installation.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)