newbie questions: stretching

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 02:16:18 -0600

Bass:  Would you please elaborate on bass tuning
wide side of  octave - quint !??  What piano wants....
Recently had a console piano that had been driven
around the bldg. a lot during the Xmas season. Complaint
was that the bass was badddddddd!!! " It was." Found it
very hard to compromise an acceptable tuning. I tune aurally
the bass and high treble. Use an ETD and aurall method to tune
every where else. Spoke to an RPT buddy, and he sympatized
with me on this problem. He said that for the most part he tried
to compromise the same as I did. ( he uses an RCT. ) Looking
for a simpler solution to give this piano what it wants.
Many of these smaller pianos don't cooperate.

Carl