Key Whakker/Thumper...you boys are in trouble!

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:27:11 -0600

Terry,

<< My whakking arm is real sore from my wrist to my elbow. Especially
around the elbow. It sure feels  like bruised tendons or some such thing.>>

You might try several sessions with a massage therapist who does trigger
point therapy. Or, you could buy the book by Bonnie Prudden: _Pain Erasure:
The Bonnie Prudden Way_. With the techniques in this book, and a little
experimentation, I have been able to manage the pain that sometimes come
from the repetitive motions that we must do. I was told by a therapist
friend from Chattanooga, TN who knows a piano tuner that told him there was
an article in the Journal several years ago about specific trigger points
relating to the tuner's needs. Maybe that would help you.

There is a reason for pain, and a good therapist can help you eliminate it,
and/or give techniques you can do on yourself.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS