journal on cd

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:53:59 -0600

on 2/9/01 1:21 PM, Don at drose@dlcwest.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just received my 20 years of journal on disk! What a marvelous resource!
>
> Does anyone know how to add the reprint kit to the Emerson database? For
> global searches?
>
> Regards,
> Don Rose

Hi Don,

I don't think this can be done. The .PDF version of the Emerson database was
a sort-of kludge to make possible a multi-disk look-up of the 4 CD's of the
21-year Journal set. The Emerson database lists each issue and its contents,
and of course the old reprint CD is just single selected articles on tech
subjects, not whole issues.

A true global search _is_ possible if you can copy all 4 (or 5 if you have
the old reprint CD) CD's to a single computer so that they, and the index
file from each CD, can be available to the Acrobat Reader all at once.

Kent Swafford