inharmonicity

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:57:06 +0100

Well, this is kinda a mouthfull. I am sure you are going to get a
lot of answers to this and I will leave the meat of this too the
others. I would encourage you to read the Five Lectures on Piano
Acoustics, edited by the eminent Anders Askenfelt. It is
available on the net for direct access now and will provide you
with as much piano science as you can digest for starters.

I cant find my link to that web page at the moment but will post
it either later on tonite or in the course of the day tommorrow.

Another great article to read is

Inharmonicity of Plain Wire Piano Strings   printed in the
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. Written by Robert
Young in 1952.

Grin... these oughta keep you busy for a while...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.