S&S "L" Damper felt

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 12:17:11 -0500

> if the wedge is not square or even angles on each side, won't it still be
> more difficult to seat than a damper with both sides angled the same, ie, V
> ? It seems that even if you keep the same side toward the wire, etc, the
> damper still bleeds more if one angle is steeper than the other.  Thanks,
> Lance Lafargue, RPT

I always put the same side of the felt toward the wire from a given
strip.  I set the block flush with the block corner closest to the
wire instead of the other way to show the felt from the top.  Looks
better that way.  It is far far easier to deal with unevenly made
felts that are on the same side of the  block than the other way.
Dampers are hard enough without making it more difficult with felts
that keep switching sides.

Just the way I do it, for what it's worth.

		Newton